About the Alliance
Harnessing artificial intelligence to enhance Australian Healthcare.
AI plays a crucial role in improving healthcare, impacting everything from diagnostic interpretation of medical imaging to personalised therapeutics. Creating a smart, adaptive sector that can apply major AI advances is key to sustainable quality healthcare in Australia.
The challenge for the sector is to translate AI advances into real-world health services. This has created a critical research frontier for implementation science in healthcare AI.
The Australian Alliance for Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare brings together more than 90 national and international stakeholder organisations to build a singular national research and translational community that has the capacity to address these challenges and transform healthcare in Australia.
The Alliance has attracted global and local partners capable of developing leading edge research, technologies and resources alongside the industry leaders delivering them and the health services implementing them.
- Our members cover academia, government, consumer, clinical, and industry organisations.
- Our expertise spans artificial intelligence, healthcare services, clinical medicine, consumer perspectives, commercialisation, digital health, data science, implementation science, complex project management, governance, regulation and policy.
- Our health provider partners are engaged across consumer and clinical services in both primary and tertiary care.
Find out more about the people behind the Alliance here.
Innovation. Translation. Impact.
The Alliance works to improve health and economic outcomes by supporting the scalable and sustainable development of AI-enabled healthcare in Australia.
We believe that an AI-enabled health service, if developed in a meaningful, careful and collaborative way, will herald new modes of delivery and models of healthcare that are more personalised, effective and safe, and that such action will ensure our healthcare system sustainably remains an international leader.
Our goal is to create a personalised healthcare system; one that can learn from the experiences of past patients and shape the care of future ones.
In particular, the Alliance aims to utilise AI development, research and implementation to:
- Facilitate translation of AI into clinical services for personalised, safe and effective care
- Empower the consumer to navigate the healthcare system and be actively involved in their own care
- Help ensure AI is safe and ethical through development of regulatory and governance frameworks, policy and research
- Build a health services workforce confident and capable of integrating and delivering AI within the health system.
The Alliance uses four special purpose programs to work towards these goals.