About the Alliance
Harnessing artificial intelligence to enhance Australian Healthcare.
AI plays a crucial role in improving healthcare, impacting everything from diagnostic interpretation of medical imaging to personalised therapeutics. Creating a smart, adaptive sector that can apply major AI advances is key to sustainable quality healthcare in Australia.
The challenge for the sector is to translate AI advances into real-world health services. This has created a critical research frontier for implementation science in healthcare AI.
The Australian Alliance for Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare brings together almost 100 national and international stakeholder organisations to build a singular national research and translational community that has the capacity to address these challenges and transform healthcare in Australia.
The Alliance has attracted global and local partners capable of developing leading edge research, technologies and resources alongside the industry leaders delivering them and the health services implementing them.
- Our members cover academia, government, consumer, clinical, and industry organisations.
- Our expertise spans artificial intelligence, healthcare services, clinical medicine, consumer perspectives, commercialisation, digital health, data science, implementation science, complex project management, governance, regulation and policy.
- Our health provider partners are engaged across consumer and clinical services in both primary and tertiary care.
Join an international community passionate about Aritficial Intelligence (AI) in healthcare. Our members come from across the globe.
- Membership is free and open for organisations
- Be part of an international community of practice
- Participate at national/state AAAiH Workshops and meetings
- Join one or more of our Working Groups and contribute to Codes of Practice/Policy Guidelines/Green Papers/White Papers
- Industry members automatically join the Industry Advisory Group as well as their nominated Working Group
- Participate in research and development, project testing and implementing artificial intelligence
- Collaborate on grant opportunities.
Innovation. Translation. Impact.
The Alliance works to improve health and economic outcomes by supporting the scalable and sustainable development of AI-enabled healthcare in Australia.
We believe that an AI-enabled health service, if developed in a meaningful, careful and collaborative way, will herald new modes of delivery and models of healthcare that are more personalised, effective and safe, and that such action will ensure our healthcare system sustainably remains an international leader.
Our goal is to create a personalised healthcare system; one that can learn from the experiences of past patients and shape the care of future ones.
In particular, the Alliance aims to utilise AI development, research and implementation to:
- Facilitate translation of AI into clinical services for personalised, safe and effective care
- Empower the consumer to navigate the healthcare system and be actively involved in their own care
- Help ensure AI is safe and ethical through development of regulatory and governance frameworks, policy and research
- Build a health services workforce confident and capable of integrating and delivering AI within the health system.
The Alliance uses four special purpose programs to work towards these goals.